The four Radiation Protection Advisers are individually certificated, as required by IRR99 and HSE guidance and re-accredit on a 5 yearly basis. Two of the RPAs are also accredited Radioactive Waste Advisers. All Clinical Scientists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, undertake Continuing Professional Development and annual performance appraisal.
All quality assurance is performed in accordance with the standards detailed in:
- IPEM Report 91 Recommended Standards for the Routine Performance Testing of Diagnostic X-ray Imaging Systems
- IPEM Report 89 The Commissioning and Routine Testing of Mammographic X-ray Systems
- IPEM Report 107 The Critical Examination of X-Ray Generating Equipment in Diagnostic Radiology
- NHSBSP Equipment Report 0604 COMMISSIONING AND ROUTINE TESTING OF FULL FIELD DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHY SYSTEMS Version 4, March 2012
- NHSBSP Mammography equipment QA is compliant with national and regional protocols.